Our aim is the prevention of cruelty to animals and the provision of a place of safety and care for all animals in distress. The work of the Sandton SPCA encompasses all animals, including wildlife, equine, farm and other animals.
The Sandton SPCA serves the community in a variety of ways. We are a non-profit organization that receives no funding from the government. We rely solely on the generosity of the public for financial support.
The Sandton SPCA is one of over 80 SPCAs in South Africa today. Each SPCA is fully autonomous, having its own Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) number, operating in its own constitutional district and taking full responsibility for its own affairs. Each SPCA is a member of the National Councils of SPCAs (NSPCA) and is bound by the rules of the SPCA Act 169 of 1993, which is an Act of parliament.
We believe in and promote the 5 animal freedoms:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst – by providing ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
- Freedom from Discomfort – by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting place.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease – by prevention, by rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour – by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress – by ensuring conditions and treatment that avoid mental suffering.
Our Inspectorate Department deals with all cruelty reports as well as pre- and post-adoption home inspections, pet shop checks and pro-active work in general. Learn More
Situated in Marlboro Gardens, our Animal Shelter provides a safe home for stray, abandoned, rescued and unwanted animals. Learn More
We follow a strict procedure when homing our animals. Read more about the basic outline of the adoption procedure. Learn More
Should you be concerned about the welfare of an animal after hours please call us immediately. Call us!
Our clinic provides assistance to the impoverished people in our community. All animals treated by our clinic get sterilised. Learn More
Youth & Education Programs
The Sandton SPCA is actively involved in providing opportunities for animal education and community engagement. Learn More
Let Others Know